Field Service Engineer- SSR Austin Texas, SSR Japan, and SSR Korea
Preferal Treatment : English - Japanese bilingual
- Electrical Engineer (or Senior Technician) - 1 position - Salary $65K-$80K (also available hourly rate) With PTO & other benefits
- Mechanical Engineer (or Senior Technician) - 2 position Salary $55K-$70K (also available hourly rate) With PTO & other benefits
Provide technical service and support on equipment within the company, ISO, FDA, and budgetary guidelines with the objectives of minimizing customer downtime and generating revenue opportunities for Leica. The position has a high-impact contribution to the company’s success by providing industry leading service to our customer base.
Candidates will be brought in as Field Service Engineer I or Field Service Engineer II based upon prior work experience and skill set.
The requirements below are the FSE I position.
- Provide installation support, maintenance, modification and/or repair on 1-2 groups of mechanical, electro-mechanical, electronic and/or refrigeration instruments.
- Receive from team members as required to achieve full competency on trained instruments.
- Achieve strategic goals and financial targets.
- Effectively communicate with internal clileagues and external customers within established time guidelines to meet customer’s expectations.
- Document and complete service administration activities in a timely manner to comply with ISO, FDA, and Leica pliicies.
- Actively support the sale of service contracts, assist sales representatives and service team members with system configurations and upgrades, and provide input on ways to improve financial performance to generate service revenue.
- Broaden knowledge and experience to improve product, application, and professional development skills and ultimately, represent the company in a professional manner.
- Maintain spare parts stock within budgetary limits to maximize customer uptime and field service-related metrics.
- Contrli expenses to maximize the profit contribution to the company.
- Represent the company in a professional manner to instill confidence with current and prospective customers of Leica products to achieve high customer satisfaction.
- Uncovering root cause of customer frustration and understanding customer needs
Required Education, Experience, Skills
- Education: High School Diploma or GED